Monday, December 3, 2012

On my 29th...

I thought it would be fun to list 29 quirky facts about myself. So here goes....

1. I am extremely self conscious and am scared to death of growing older.

2. I like watching my husband work a chainsaw.

3. I absolutely love homeschooling.

4. I prefer my own coffee over Starbucks.

5. I have a serious crush on our woodstove.

6. When I was little my toes were so crooked the doctor suggested breaking them so they could grow straight. Thankfully my mother let them alone and they straightened out on their own.

7. I wanted to be the woman who birthed her babies at home in the tub.

8. I am a physical touch person. I hate giving it, but love receiving it. I ask for a foot rub every night.

9. I met my very closest friends through my husband.

10. In 6 1/2 years of parenthood, we've only spent 1 night away from the kids.

11. I want to be a farmer when I grow up. :)

12. I dream of moving back to Potter County and living off the land.

13. I struggle with anxiety.

14. I'm thankful for a husband who puts up with a wife who wakes up in the middle of the night scared to death and shaking like a leaf for no apparent reason.

15. I'm addicted to sugar.

16. I love confrontation. Let's sit face to face, scream and cry, and get everything out in the open.

17. I don't feel comfortable around people when I know there's an entire barrel of unresolved issues standing between us.

18. I trust God with eternity, but struggle trusting Him with my kids.

19. I hate politics.

20. My husband and I have no secrets. Seriously.

21. My ideal Christmas wish list consists of a tub of coconut oil, picnic table, 6 chickens, 3 goats, and 2 pigs :)

22. I have a strong desire for more children.

23. I love my sister for driving 35 minutes on my birthday just to give me a hug and a Mountain Dew, even though she's coming back tonight for my party :)

24. I was served breakfast in bed with a gift every single morning of every single birthday growing up.

25. This morning I was up at 5:45am, started 3 loaves of bread, and read a farm book. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

26. I wish I weighed 115 lbs. I wish my hair was down to my waist. I wish I could give up dairy and sugar so my skin would be pretty. I wish I had a "Big Berkey" water filtration system. I wish I had antique braided rugs and a never ending supply of hand-spun yarn.

27. I love my house. I love my yard. I love all these trees. I love these old hardwood floors. I love my laundry line. I love my raised beds. I love the color of my eyes. I love my ankles. I love my natural hair color. I love each of my kids. I love that my family is close.

28. I would love a navy blue '89 Volvo 740.

29. I love that my husband knows me better than anyone in the whole world, and still chooses to stick around. I love that he wants to live off the grid. I love that he wants me home. I love that he chops wood and hunts and wrestles with the kids and makes a mean pot of rice. I love that we fight like cats and dogs. I love that we make fun of ourselves. I love that he won't let me move our bedroom furniture around at midnight. I love how he drives. I love being his wife. :)

Happy birthday to me! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment