Friday, January 14, 2011

My long awaited project, finally completed.

About a year ago I had been reading a blog by a woman who was obsessed with teacher supply products. I thought, "well HELLO!? I'm a homeschool mom now (minus the denim jumper...), I think I need something teacher-y". So we measured, took the trip to Lowe's, started up the saw, painted, painted, and painted. It was finished! But we had no way to hang it up. Hm. Hadn't thought about that. So while the hubby was away, I dug around in the garage until I found two teeny tiny brackets, and two teeny tiny nails. Up it went. Done! I was so impressed with myself. I was quietly putting my boys to bed one night when I heard the crash. It damaged a wall....and some trim work. :( I waited about 7 months before begging and pleading for him to take over and finish the project. The snow came. We were stuck inside. My project finally saw completion! We do most of our school work in the kitchen. No matter how cute I thought my very official "school room" was, it's always more convenient to just do school where all the action is. Introducing my kitchen/school room chalk board!


No comments:

Post a Comment