Thursday, February 10, 2011

"6 dangerous comments....

a homeschool mom can make." I'm not sure how many of you will appreciate these, but I know my mom will get a kick out of them. If you are not a homeschool mom, you will probably nod your head in agreement or roll your eyes because you have heard these before. But coming from someone who was homeschooled K-12, and sharing them with the mom who homeschooled K-12, these are a riot. :) I found them in the book "A Survivor's Guide to Home Schooling".

#1: "As a Christian, I could never send my children to public school!"
#2: "God has only given parents the job of teaching their children."
#3: "I plan to home school clear through high school."
#4: "I don't want my children with all those other kids."
#5: (to your parents) "I don't want my kids to go through what I went through."
#6: "College isn't important. I want her to be a good wife and mother."

The book also states "even if it is how you really feel, refrain from saying so and avoid the strife and misunderstanding which would follow...." Very wise words!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment