Thursday, April 15, 2010

My secret little fantasy

Anybody have a guess as to who's jeans these are??? Or who is responsible for making millions of women drool with this guitar??? My secret little crush....since I was a very little girl....

Dwight Yoakam! Ahhh, good gracious. I could listen to his sleezy country lyrics all day long. I'm not adding a photo of his face because he is down-right, all-together ugly. Like, so ugly that he really does look like a murderer, or a rapist, or at the very least like Pottstown white trash. Sorry. Had to say it. This will not be my most respectable blog ever. There's your warning. :)

This is not Dwight Yoakam. But I'm not really concerned with what his name is. He is a man, with a saddle, wearing Wranglers, in the middle of nowhere.
There's me! Aren't I cute, and all domesticated looking? :) I've been making 3 meals a day from nothing but a sack of potatoes and some bacon grease. Before you start wondering if I've lost my mind, I have a confession. This is my deepest, darkest, truest fantasy. No lie. I'd love to be her. Well, at least for a few days. :)
Mmmmmm. 'Nuff said.
And here's our family portrait from the end of last summer. There's Seth with his team of mules. That other woman in the black is the town's school teacher. She's a bit stand-off-ish because we just informed her we'd be homeschooling.

So there you have it, folks! My most secret longing. If I could be anywhere, I'd be on the frontier. We'd be miles from civilization, and Seth would be in Wranglers. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello...not that I want to be Little House on the Prairie or anything but I am sooo pickin' up what you're puttin' down when it comes to the country men. And bull riders? Eh hem...I have to catch my breath. I am so thankful that it's one of my husband and son's favorite sports to watch. ;) I mean, if I have to catch a minute or two of it, it surely won't kill me. I don't really know Dwight Yoakam but I also have a love for cowboys and the wild frontier. Must be b/c of all of those old romance novels I'd sneak of my mom's when I was a kid. lol ;) The men were ALWAYS cowboys! It's no wonder... Cute post Megan! Made me smile today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, Megan that's hilarious! I had no idea....um, wow! Have you ever seen this blog? http://thepioneerwoman.com/

    If I could live out my dream, I'd be living in the 1940's during world war II and lost in a story of unrequited love....

    ReplyDelete