Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 1 of Paisley's Room Transformation

Alright. This post is a week late. I've been putting it off because I still don't have her curtains hung. But enough is enough. I can at least show you what we've done so far. :)

My really good "before" pictures are on my hubby's computer, so this will have to suffice. Her nursery furniture was white. Her walls were Latte (or maybe Cappuccino???) by Restoration Hardware. Her fabric was a pink paisley print my mom scored at JoAnn's, I believe. And this, my friends, is my "baby" girl. Sniff....sniff...
Our air conditioner decided to break the same week I chose to do the renovation. Ugh. On the bright side, my dear sweet brother-in-law brought over a window unit to keep us cool at night. We moved the kids into our room for the week and it allowed us to work on her room after they were in bed. First things first: we emptied the room of everything. I had this dresser in my own nursery as a baby during the good old days of Potter County mountain living. :) It was looking a bit dated, although I don't think anyone is interested in knowing just exactly how dated. Seth takes it upon himself to remind me almost every.single.day. what new number I'll be approaching in December. :( Really don't like the fact that with every passing year, I'm rapidly approaching 30. ANYWAY.... I fell in love with Benjamin Moore's Historical Color 149, Buxton Blue, and had Lowe's just match it up. It totally needs a second coat and then a clear coat of SOMETHING to make it last, but I was lazy and in a hurry. :)
Ah yes, this would be him, cheerfully working away. Keep in mind this was only night #1. Hehe...
Okay. Her room is tiny, so I ended up removing the drawers of the dresser so that we could easily fit our tools on the "shelves". Not that you really needed to know that, but, in case you ever decide to paint a very small room, you can do it too! :)
That's all that got accomplished on Day 1! :) We emptied the room, I painted the dresser, and we collapsed in sweaty heaps on the bed in our ice cold, air conditioned room. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment