Monday, October 4, 2010

Home improvements...

We've been busy! My DH made the decision to pull the house off the market. Sniff sniff. I know it's for the best....I really do.....but a part of me is still mourning the fact that I lost "my farm". Remember? The one that we had a verbal agreement on, and were on our way to the lawyer's office when the seller decided to tack on $40K??? Yeah. That would be the one. I thought I'd be sipping hot apple cider on the front porch and gathering my harvest from this summer's garden. But no. God had other plans. SO.... we've decided to do a few little home improvement projects while we're here. Priority #1 has been a new faucet. Ours was the $19.99 builder's grade kind. We took a little family trip (OH how I love bosses who say "you've been traveling a lot....family is more important...why don't you spend a day at home???") to Ikea and scored big time. Our old spice rack we've been using for the past (almost) 6 years was wonderful but took up precious counter space:

Here's our new spice rack/buckets to hold the large amounts of tea I'm supposed to be drinking right now. We're heading back to Ikea to pick up another black bar and 4 more buckets which will probably just hold more tea.....or chocolate chips.....no, probably tea. :) Here's the new faucet, too! I LOVE it. Thankful for a hubby who knows how to do all this stuff!
This was my old faucet. B.O.R.I.N.G!
My boys are really into "being boys" right now. This morning I overheard a conversation where one of them said "let's fight! okay, just let me put on my helmet!"
And then there's this door. It's ancient old and covered in chippy paint. The only problem is that the chippy paint is the color of band-aids. :( So it has to go. I thought I could sand it down but ended up resorting to chipping and scraping it away. This is definitely a bigger project than I had anticipated, but it's getting there. Wait til you see where this baby is going when she's gorgeous. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the bar for your spice rack.. I have space above my stove that would look great with that type of rack.. I'll have to check it out..

    ReplyDelete