Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm back!

Whew! What a week. The hubby was away on business, so I packed the kids up and headed to my mom's. I'm a major chicken....more like a paranoid freak when it comes to staying by myself. In the middle of the summer when the skies turn black with clouds I call Seth to see if he's on his way home yet so that I don't have to sit through a thunderstorm all by myself. Yes, THAT chicken. :) The week went great, and we are all back home together again. Although I had some major convincing to do with our boys when it was time to leave "nana's" house. Not sure if it was the new toys, fun snacks, 4,000 square feet to run around in, or the cable tv. Okay, that last one was probably my reason for wanting to stay longer. :) We definitely felt like we were on a little vacation of our own, which was probably good for us....well, especially me. My mom made dinner (my sister did too, one night!) and allowed me to take a hot shower every morning completely alone! What a blessing. A little while back my amazing man got me this new luggage. It made the t-shirts and sweatpants that I packed feel so much cuter. :)


And this amazing tote came from here. I packed TONS of books, and this bag held them all. Love love love the monograming. Thanks babe!

The one problem about going to mom's is that I get inspired to do house projects. :( You'd think this would be a good thing, but it only results in this:

This is because my mom and I sit around and talk about paint colors, and counter tops, and upholstery fabric, and crown moulding, etc. etc. etc. Then I come home with all these brilliant new ideas which I need to implement right away, of course. Project #1 was move the enormous antique buffet out of the family room (which held all of these toys, plus the coloring books, puzzles, and art projects) so that we could move another antique into the room to hold the tv and movies. At the time, I obviously wasn't thinking about the fact that all of these toys would need somewhere to go too. :)
I know that all of this has nothing to do with health topics. Sorry for disappointing. :( But, these are my reasons for not blogging. There. I've made my confession. Now back to the books I go! :)

1 comment: