Monday, June 7, 2010

Our new baby...

This weekend our family hit a milestone. We have officially excused ourselves from the mini-van clan. I can't take a picture of it because my camera died. We can't purchase a new camera because the one my husband says we just "have to have" is $900. So, in lieu of a photo with me sportin' a new set of wheels, this will have to do...

Don't you just love it when you "know people"? We had traveled hither and yon in search for something that fit our family of 5 and wouldn't break the bank. On the way home after yet again a disappointing test drive I said "please just take me to Volvo". He waited in the old mini van with 95,000 miles and a break peddle with a mind of it's own while I breezed through the glass doors of the dealership with my name on it. Okay, so it didn't really have my name on it. :) Sales runs through my veins just as much as caffeine does these days. I almost get high on it. I sat down with a sales associate, explained what we were looking for and what we had to offer with my most diplomatic aura. I told her who I knew that worked in the offices, and who I knew had purchased multiple vehicles at this location. I heard the sweet words "Let's take a walk outside. We're very willing to work with you." And that just about sums it up, folks. It's not brand new. We've done that once and have sworn to NEVER do it again. Driving it around town later that afternoon I turned to my very generous hubby and exclaimed with all the excitement I could muster, "The brake peddle works!!!" New vehicles aren't everything, but it sure makes getting groceries a little more fun. :)

2 comments:

  1. I could die. Like right now die. I <3 Volvo. Good for freakin' you, girl. You rock on with ya bad self. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your purchase of a non-mini van vehicle! I have a Ford Edge (which is a crossover) and I love it! Don't you just love when dealerships work with you?

    ReplyDelete