Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekends are for wanting!

Well, not really. But I am lusting over a few things right now. :) Sometimes I think my blog must be the most boring blog in the world to read because of my lack of pictures. My most favorite blogs to read are the ones that share great fashion or design ideas. So, here are some of the things I am in love with at this moment. Hope you enjoy them, and what's left of this weekend!
Alright ladies (and Seth, because I'm pretty sure you are the only guy who is actually reading this blog. Hehe.) I am in love with this tote. First of all, I am a tote lover. I love small, compact, designer, slip under your arm and hold only a lip gloss "bags", as well as totes. Not a huge fan of anything that fits between those two sizes. :) Actually I love just about anything in extremes. I can go from "denim skirt-homeschool-patch the pirate" mom to "zebra bikini-Coldplay concert-road rage" mom in 7 minutes flat. Seriously. The Bible does say something about being luke warm, right? SO relieved that's not me. Hehe. Well anyway, I have this tote in the buttery yellow color. It is huge, and sturdy, and fun. Ours is usually filled with library books, which is so very convenient for when it's time to return them. So if you are in the market for a new tote, or need one as a gift, I highly recommend this one. It's from Ballard Designs.

Here is something that's been on my wish list for quite a while, and if you are into monograms, you absolutely have to order this now. It is super super cheap at the moment. On sale, actually. And if you are even semi-crafty, you can just order the cover and fill it with something that came out of the gross old pillow on the bed in your guest room. smile.
I picture myself wearing these cheery boots on a rainy, late-March morning as I pop all 3 kidlets into my brand new Nissan Armada to grab a caramel macchiato before heading to yoga. Can't you picture it? Of course I'm looking super cute with minimal makeup because I have perfect skin, and my gorgeously long hair is pulled up romantically-haphazardly in a "granola-ish", "Louis Vuitton carrying" bun. Have I mentioned yet that I am a very visual person? :)
If you haven't noticed, I am a huge Ballard Designs fan. I prefer a few more splashes of color than what they show in their catalog, but it's a great place to start. We had a wonderful weekend. Of course I had hopeful plans of sewing 7 panels out of the 18 1/2 yards of fabric I just bought for my kitchen and family room. That didn't happen. But we were able to attend my grandmother's birthday party and worship with friends at church! Not bad, eh? Here's to the start of a great week. I raise my glass of apple juice to you, my blog friends. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! <3 this post! :) And also totally <3 Ballard Designs. We need to colaborate sometime on the shopping front. :) And those boots...GORG. I am needing them in my life. I also completely loved the "I can go from denim skirt...to zebra bikini..."...that was hilarious... :) Though I don't rock a zebra bikini just yet, I'm sooo pickin' up what you're putting down. ;) However, I do looooove Coldplay. My husband just learned Clocks on the piano. :) Anyway...great post! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Megan, this post practically made me cry. Can't even begin to explain why - but - GREAT post and I just had to say that ;)
    Hope we can hang out REALLY soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if Ballard Designs can bring tears to your eyes, then you are my kind of girl! :)

    ReplyDelete