Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A word of advice....

If you are one of the ones who were thinking about trying Green Lemonade, do not, I repeat DO NOT add ginger. He added it this morning while doing his normal juicing routine and it was so bad I couldn't get past 3 sips. :( It was so strong that it made the back of my throat burn. Sooooo not worth it. I'm sure the ginger added lots of nutritional benefits, but what benefit is it if I'm not even going to drink it. Also, I think I was a little heated up with yesterday's post on doctors. {sheepish grin} Maybe we have just had some really bad experiences with them. If we were terribly ill, or had a serious health issue, I would never hesitate to see a "regular" doctor. In the meantime, we are very content with our hippie ones. :) It's funny how much I've changed since marrying him. I was so set on my traditional "baptist" ways, fully comfortable in my Gap chino's and twin sets. :) Oh how times have changed. I used to get in such a tizzy when he would get himself dressed for church in jeans and a sweater. Almost hyperventilated with anger once, I do believe. But I have learned SO much from him in these past 5 years. And I'm not so against his artsy-hippie ways, either. I've accepted his holy jeans and love of weird art. :) I've even been known to wear wool socks with Birkenstocks, which totally turns him on. Along with accepting other forms of worshipping God (ones that don't involve panty-hose and organs), I even went to church in jeans (gasp!) on Father's Day because he begged. So the hippie doctor just seems to fit our family. Maybe not yours, and that's okay. We can still be friends, and I won't try to slide a bag of herbs across the table at you if you tell me you have a sinus infection. :) But I will gladly share if you ask! :)

1 comment:

  1. You're so refreshing Megan...it's so fun getting to know you a little more through the heart of your blog. God gives us our spouses to complete us and round us out a little... My husband is the complete opposite of everything that is me. I have fought that difference a lot over the years but when I have succumbed to it, I've found that his "weirdness" adds to my life and makes me a little less of my own "weird". If that makes any sense at all. lol Keep bloggin' girl! Lovin' it! :)

    ReplyDelete