Monday, February 8, 2010

Yuck.....

We are sick. :( I can't remember the last time I was really, truly, on-the-couch, might-pass-out-if-I-stand-up sick. Moms are not allowed to get sick! Unless you have an amazing husband who is able to pick up where you left off with the kids, the food, the laundry, the patience, etc. etc. etc. Thankfully I've got one of those. :) It hit with a vengeance and had me all but crying out for mercy for about 6 hours. It left just as quickly as it came, and I was ready to get a peaceful night's sleep to restore my energy. That is until a little boy woke in the middle of the night with the same symptoms his momma had just a few short hours prior. :( The poor guy was up all throughout the night, sick as a dog, which of course also woke up the oldest and the youngest. Peaceful rest was not God's will for me last night, obviously. :) We made it through the night and I was brought to tears this morning when the hubby announced he was staying home to take care of us. You know the feeling....here I had been trying to muster the strength to get through the day with searing aches and pains and a very tender tummy, all the while catching every flying thing coming from the sick little boy's mouth, getting snacks and switching movies for the other kids, nursing, and tackling the enormous pile of puked on towels. And then he said it. "I am staying home". Relief flooded me. This is the type of love that surpasses the first kiss, the roses brought home after work, and even the "I do". This love says "I know you need me the most, and I am staying here for you". It would be one thing if I was laying on the couch all glamorous in super-cute Victoria's Secret "loungewear" and freshly showered. But no, that's not me today. :) And he's still here, doing laundry, making breakfast, emptying trash cans, changing diapers, and trying to get as much "real" work done on his computer all at the same time. When sickness takes it's toll on your body you have this overwhelming sense of clorox-ing the whole house top to bottom. But isn't it the same when we have the sickness of sin impose on our weekend? Don't you have an urgent desire to spend time with Him when you know your life has been indulging in other virus'? Doesn't it feel refreshing to get all the "junk" cleaned out of your relationship with the Lord in the same way that it's refreshing to take a shower and scrub down the house after sickness has invaded? The similarities are amazing, are they not?

No comments:

Post a Comment