Thursday, March 18, 2010

Do you zumba?

I had no idea I was capable of being a saucy Latin dancer. This week has changed all of that. My new favorite South Carolinian friend, Erin, was kind enough to invite me on a special girl's night out at her gym. Husband was busy helping the family wrap up last minute details on his father's surprise 60th birthday gift, a Harley Davidson motorcycle, and my children were dirty and grumpy, but I left them in the loving arms of "gama" and "aunt mel" to drive to a strange gym in a strange city to meet a girl I had only met once before to do something I was a nervous wreck to try. :) Well let me tell you, I always thought I had some "moves", but I had never felt as white as I did that night. The trainer was exceptionally, um, "talented" in the butt-moving department. It was the only night of my whole life that I've wished I had more junk in the trunk. :) I really doubted my ability to survive an entire hour, and was even more surprised that I could actually walk out to the car afterwards. But, ladies, I am hooked! I found a gym in our area that offers the class and I'm signing up tomorrow. If you have a gym membership somewhere, I strongly urge you to see if they have zumba available. Wear something stretchy and comfortable, but leave your daisy dukes at home. The girl behind you probably won't appreciate the peep show you'd offer with some of these moves. Check it out...I dare you!

1 comment: