Thursday, March 11, 2010

Making up for lost time....

The Husband is waiting on me. We're supposed to be cuddled in bed watching a movie. You can imagine his sheer delight when I said that I needed to blog real quick. :) So I'll make this short and sweet and filled with fun things to look at, because my last post was seriously lacking in the picture department. So, for your viewing pleasure....

How would you decorate if you were fearless? What about if money wasn't an object? Are you hiding behind a "style"? Recently my sister (who is a style guru) asked me what my "look" was for spring. Huh? Um, t-shirts and sweatpants! I really don't care to be in anything else if my entire day consists of wiping up poop, counters, toilets, and crumbs. But it got me thinking. If I were to move to a new town....state....country, and money wasn't an issue, what impression would I want to give people about myself? Who do I really want to be? And why in the world am I so afraid to be that person now? Now switch gears to houses. Do you have to decorate in a cookie-cutter Pottery Barn meets Target sale rack design? Are you doing it just because you think that's what a real house should look like, or because that's the safe route? These pictures are things that I love, but not quite brave enough for. :)

Okay, these planters are not risky. But I'd liked them anyway. :)
Ballard Designs
canary yellow couch from Anthropologie
Flowery chair, also by Anthropologie


Shouldn't every woman have the pleasure of powdering her nose at one of these? This pedestal sink is from Horchow

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmmm...good point...I'll have to think about that...

    P.S. LOVE that chair and all things Anthropologie. :)

    ReplyDelete