Thursday, March 25, 2010

Life....

Spent a few minutes this morning reading over an older post from A La Mode. "....we either give life, or we drain it". That was her paraphrase from a portion of scripture. I have been draining life out of my children and they are miserable because of it. Their daddy is away on a business trip this week and I am busy and exhausted because of it. All I really want to do is sit here like a bum and read up on inspiring decorating ideas! But my pipsqueaks are suffering from my lack of motivation. God had really convicted me about this, so today I've made more of an effort for quality time with them. We wrestled, we tickled, we read books, we sang songs, and we worked on our memory book*. Guess what!? It worked! They are in good moods and they are being LOVELY to each other and to me! :) Who woulda thunk it. :)

Silas' dream way of transportation. :) He's totally got the Harley look down. I'm sure he'll fit right in. Just praying his future wife shaves her arm pits and is not named "Honey". Don't you just love the socks and crocs? He got that trait from me. I am proud. :)
Do you have any idea how many times we have been asked if these two are twins!? Irish twins, maybe. "This little piggy went to the market. This little piggy stayed home." She's such a good little girl to tolerate it from her "big" brother.

Her first juice box, strapped in her car seat in SC.

*this past Christmas "he" started reading a short story book to the kids every night. Without us realizing it, they were memorizing it. We continue to read it, and they recite it back to us, so that by next Christmas they can "perform" it for part of our preschool program.

No comments:

Post a Comment