Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just rambling...

I am supposed to be packing, but the Moutain Dew hasn't kicked in yet. :)


New quilt from grandma! Our little lady squealed with joy when we showed her....both of her brothers have a special quilt made by grandma, and paisley was starting to feel left out. But grandma came to the rescue, and now she is a happy camper. :)
We had an exciting trip to the emergency room with 2 1/2 year old Caden on Monday night. We woke to the sound of him coughing and gasping for air. The ambulance came, his breathing resumed, and we thought he was out of the woods. I tried to lay him back down, but his chest would get tight again and he'd start wheezing. We decided to take him in around 2:30am, afraid he was having an allergic reaction to something he had eaten for dinner. Turns out it was just a bad case of croup, and now the poor kid has to be on steroids for 5 days.
The week only got more exciting when Paisley developed a terrible diaper rash. Diaper rash cream wasn't cutting it, so I was researching holistic treatments. I found the best diaper rash remedy known to man-kind! Keep her dry, clean, and wrap her poor little bum in a very loose cloth diaper. Waalaa! It was better in 12 hours. :)
I am not a yard sale girl. Never have been. But I think that's about to change. I attended a "barn sale" on Saturday, fully expecting to find wheelbarrows and rakes. Have you all been to a barn sale??? It was amazing! No farm equipment to be found, but rather an entire old barn full of antiques. Most of the stuff was way too over-priced for me and my new owning-two-homes budget, but I did find this little thing to bring home and show the fam....
We will have two porches at the new place, so I'm giving this little chair a scrub down, a paint, and then a distressed finish so some miniature me can rest her weary bones at the ole homestead. :)
Hope you all are having a great Thursday! We went to our first orchard this morning, picked our first local strawberries, and the kids were in their very first "real" pool. Pictures to come!

1 comment:

  1. My Aali had a really bad rash (my boys never got diaper rash) and the creams would not work either so by chance I bathed her, dried her, and then let her sit on a towel so her bum would get some O2.. and it worked.. It was amazing to me how fast it healed with just a little dry air.. I'm glad she is better.. Aali had looked like she had gotten burned.. I feel so bad for them when they are like that..
    Also do you have pictures of the inside of your new home?? It looks so pretty..

    ReplyDelete