Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Recipe

Here it is, as promised.
The basic instructions are: combine everything but the cornstarch and water in the crock pot. Place the roast in and turn to coat. Cover. Cook on Low 7-8 hours. Remove roast and keep warm. In saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir in juices from roast. Bring to boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened. Serve with roast.
I modified it a little bit for convenience sake. I added baby carrots and large pieces of potatoes to the crock pot so it could all cook at the same time. I also omitted the gravy part. Too much work for me. :)
I am IN LOVE with this book.....don't know how I'd survive without it, or my crock pot. I absolutely abhor cooking dinner at the exact moment when everyone is waking up from their naps miserable, and Seth comes home to cranky neglected children and a kitchen that's a mess. Instead I use crock pot meals (a lot!), put it together in the morning, clean up the kitchen, and we are good to go whenever he walks through the door. It just works best for us, at this stage of our lives.
The boys gave it a thumbs up. Don't they look excited about life? :)
We are headed somewhat across the state this afternoon to look at a vehicle. Oh the luxury of finding things on the internet! Keep an eye out for an entire post and pictures if the SUV is really as good as it sounds. :)

p.s. If you are wanting to cook this recipe gluten free, just watch out for your soy sauce. A lot of them contain gluten. Make sure to double check!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Megan, good luck on the vehicle trip! I found my Ford Ege in Annapolis, MD. We thought it was too good to be true with all the awesome features, but turned out it wasn't and it was a great deal! I love driving it everyday! Hope it works out for you :)

    ReplyDelete