Monday, May 3, 2010

Thankful....and bitter.

I am back. But not with a vengeance. Seth was away for a very long time, and as you can see, I have absolutely no motivation to write unless he is home. I have two things on my mind today. First of all, do you have any idea how thankful I am for his job? Probably not. Words can't express. Tears can, and I've come to that point very often. He completely respects the people he works for, and that, folks, is a first. He has never come home with a bad word to say about anyone in the entire office....or company, for that matter. Another first. We've been able to afford a night away at an expensive Inn. Again....a first. And he has a future. Can you guess what my next statement will be? Yep....a first. So while he's been away, as in the fact that he spent more time on the road in the month of April than he did at home, it's totally worth it. Good thing I didn't write this last week while he was in Utah, because I was totally thinking "screw it! he can apply for a job at Lowes!" :) Thankfulness. Check! Now the next one is not so much fun. Remember how I have all that cash stashed away for my super exciting goal??? Well there's something you don't know. I had some very weird health problems the last couple of months which resulted in a whole slew of tests. What they don't tell you while they are fumbling around, pushing, prodding, and sticking needles where they don't belong, is how much it's going to cost! We received a cute little envelope in the mail last week. A cute little envelope that held a cute little bill. A cute little bill that is almost the exact amount of cash that I've stashed away. Sniff, sniff. Will you take a moment of silence to grieve with me? Goodbye, sweet little bundle of dreams. Goodbye exciting blog post about what I've been up to. Goodbye weeks and weeks of scrimping and saving and SELLING OUR FREAKIN' BEDROOM FURNITURE! Sheesh....I'd better go calm down....."oh chocolate??????" And because I can't end this post on a bitter note, I'll add one more "thankful" thing. For the past 5 years of our marriage, I've spent every scrimped and saved penny, and occasionally even some birthday money, on food, or diapers, or the electric bill. I'm thankful that I've been able to stash away that money this year, so that we have it to pay the medical expenses. Still bitter....but trying. :)

4 comments:

  1. courtney HoffmanMay 3, 2010 at 1:05 PM

    Oh man, Megan. I am sorry for the troubles but endeared by the genuine struggles you have. God is so good at providing our needs. How exciting to see Him provide the exact amount of money needed. His plans always far exceed our own-don't they?
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I know I've been in your shoes before wondering what in the world God was thinking when I was sure I had a much better plan! But be encouraged - this was no surprise to God. His ways are higher than our ways! If we keep our eyes on HIM He not only promises to meet our needs but also give us the desires of our heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God NEVER tells us "no" without having a bigger, better "yes" in our future! Remember Jeremiah 29:11 FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU SAYS THE LORD...PLANS TO PROSPER AND NOT HARM YOU ... PLANS FOR A HOPE AND A FUTURE!
    HUGS Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all are SO encouraging! :) What a way to make a girl's day! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete