Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Now I get it....


Okay, so if we are friends on facebook, then you have already heard the news. We are moving! Too many details to cover. Too little time. I have witnessed countless ways where God is showing Himself evident. Here is just one example:
Remember a while back I was sharing my frustration about having to use all of my savings on medical bills? I had saved every penny I could and actually ended up selling our bedroom furniture. Remember that? And then we got 2 enormous medical bills in the mail and away went my savings. I was so upset. Broken-hearted, as my boys would say. :) You all were SO encouraging with your "God has a bigger plan" comments. Well, that original stash of money was supposed to go to a new, stainless steel refrigerator. The house that we had our eye on had brand new appliances, but did not come with a fridge. So we'd have to purchase one. It was just one more expense that I didn't want my hubby to be stressing over, so I put my big-girl panties on and got to work. Needless to say the money paid the bills (or at least part of them) and I no longer had a fridge account. Or bedroom furniture. We put an offer on our dream home (okay, so it was our dream home in this price range) and immediately started thinking about refrigerators. I got a very sudden urge to look on Craigslist for one. Seth kind of gave me that look like "What? Lowe's has refrigerators. Why are you checking the internet?" But I checked anyway and LO and BEHOLD I found exactly what I was looking for! I was trying to save $1,000 for a new refrigerator. Those were the cheap ones at Lowe's. I know financial topics can be a bit personal, but I want you to realize how God worked this out. I found a refrigerator online for $500. So immediately I thought about what an amazing blessing this was! I emailed the guy, told him we wanted it, and Seth drove down to south Philly Tuesday night to pick it up. Little did we know, until we got it home, that the original price tag was still on it. It retailed for$1,699. Folks, I desperately wanted a $1,000 refrigerator. I thought God had taken away my money. And then I was thankful that He provided one for $500. But after I found out that I actually got a $1,699 refrigerator for $500, I was just about on my knees with disbelief. It's perfect. It's clean. It's beautiful. It's mine. God not only provided, He blessed!


Sorry for the bad picture, but here it is! Cluttered garage and fingerprints to boot! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great deal! Congratulations on your new house AND refrigerator!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Told ya !!! Each No is making a way for a bigger YES!!! Happy for you ! <3 Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww...I have tears! Happy for you and your new fridge! XO

    ReplyDelete