Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Full Tub!

I love bath nights. Everyone gets kicked, chokes on the water and fights over the toys, but they smell so good afterwards! We still let all 3 of them get in the tub together, mainly because no one has asked awkward questions yet. That could mean one of two things. #1: they are developing at such a slow rate mentally that they still don't notice the difference, or #2: our whole family is naked so much of the time that it has just become the norm and therefore they don't see it as unusual. I'll let you comfort yourself with whatever answer you feel less uncomfortable with. :) As they were splashing in the water the other night I realized what a blessing it is to have a full bath tub. Still amazed that God saw fit to bless us with these three...
These boys are best friends. Last night we let them get their sleeping bags out and camp on the floor in our room. The next morning they told us that they got scared in the middle of the night, so they just held hands until they fell back to sleep. Ah! My heart has melted into a puddle...
They HATE getting their hair washed. It might be because we do the "quick rinse" method. Why prolong the agony of trying to get the soap out???
This is what we got after we asked for a funny face.
This girl needs a sister! If only "reversals" were covered by insurance companies. :)
Here's to the reminder that a cramped house, a loud meal, or a full tub are a blessing from the Lord! :)


Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3 ESV

2 comments:

  1. Love it! :) I also have a full tub and more often than not, it's running over! We try to get them to stop that for fear that our floor is going to rot out though. ;) Funny that you mentioned Paisley needing a sister - I've been thinking about that lately as well. My sister is my other half and I literally would be lost without her in my life - I so wish that Natalie could have the same experience! But you're right...reversals aren't free and my husband isn't interested anyway. I guess we'll just have to pray for miracle babies, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete