Saturday, July 24, 2010

Let the competition begin.

I'm not a very competitive person. I'll let you win, time and time again, if it really means that much to you. But it's a very different story if there is a reward involved. Here's the deal... My hair has been cut into varying lengths over the past few years. It was extremely long for our wedding. But then I decided that married girls don't have long hair, so I got a "bob". Haircuts happened to be too expensive when we were newlyweds and my hubby was finishing up college, so the length came back. Then I had my first baby and decided that moms don't have long hair, so I got an "inverted bob". It was super cute (or so I thought), and extremely easy to care for. But then diapers became priority over salon visits, so it grew long again. Baby #2 entered the world and I was so overwhelmed with caring for two under two that the hair was chopped again. Then my daughter was born. Completely.new.view.on.life. She was a girl! She was fragile! She was in pink! A love for all things soft and feminine returned and I vowed to never cut my hair again. But then life slapped me in the face and it was chopped. :( :( :( My poor husband. He assured me he loved all the changes, but I knew he really missed those locks I had while we were dating. I kept going back and forth and back and forth, unable to make up my mind. He knew I was on the brink of cutting it off again, so he struck me a deal. "If you let your hair grow out long enough to reach your bra strap (am I even allowed to say bra in the blog world? It feels very awkward...), I will buy you stainless steel appliances." Well honey, those are the only words I needed to hear. :)

I was 24 and pregnant with my 3rd here...
My 25th birthday and the hair was a little longer...
Age 26 here, and the longest it's been in a long time....
But here's the catch. Having long hair brings back so many memories of sleeping in rollers on Saturday nights and tempts me to re-live the 90's. :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!!!!!! That last picture cracks me up. You look adorable even in rollers girl. :) Good luck with your competition! I would sooooo grow out my hair for stainless steel appliances too! LOL! What a funny competition!

    ReplyDelete